Crossfit NWA – CrossFit
Warm-up (No Measure)
increasing intensity on the minute
Burgener Warm UP & Skill Transfer Exercise Snatch (No Measure)
3 Reps Each
Down and up – “Creates speed thru middle”
Elbows high and outside – “Keeps bar close”
Muscle snatch – “Creates strong turnover”
Power Snatch land – “Footwork drills” 2”, 4”, 6”
Snatch drop – “Footwork ”
Skill Transfer Exercises Snatch
BTN Snatch grip push press. Feet jumping position “Creates OH Strength”
Overhead squat, “Core Strength”
Heaving Snatch Balance. Feet in landing position. Dip, drive, drop, punch. “Fast Hands”
Drop Snatch, start in jumping position into landing, no dip, “Speed Under”
Snatch balance, “Foot & Arm Speed”
2 Position Snatch (1-1-1-1-1)
Work up to a comfortable heavy 2 (Completed unbroken or break into singles to keep form)
How to approach the lifts
Work up to a comfortable heavy 2
*Going both power here to allow legs tp recover a little.
Record each set as 1 of your scores for load
1 Above the Knee Snatch + 1 Snatch @120#
1 Above the Knee Snatch + 1 Snatch @130#
1 Above the Knee Snatch + 1 Snatch @140#
1 Above the Knee Snatch + 1 Snatch @150#
1 Above the Knee Snatch + 1 Snatch @160#
Based off of a 200# Snatch 1RM
Hang Power Snatch (1-1-1-1-1)
Build to a heavy single for the day
10-8-6-4-2 reps of
Muscle Ups R/B
Double DB Devils Press 45-50/35 (35/25)
Double DB Box Step Overs *Suitcase 24/20
Single DB Devil’s Press
Reduce Height or Single DB Step Up/Over
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– The muscle-ups should be completed in no more than 3 sets on any round. Cap the time at 2:00 or reduce the reps if feeling unsure about your capacity.
– The devil’s presses do not need to be completely quickly but they should be completed unbroken each round. Dumbbells should swing between the legs and move in 1 swift motion to the overhead postion. It is okay for the dumbbells to stop at the shoulders on the way down but NOT on the way up. There should not be a “redip” of the legs. These should not taker longer than 2:00 on any round.
– The dumbbell box step-overs should be performed with dumbbells hanging down by the sides. Atheltes do not need to stand all the way up going over box but both feet DO need to touch the top of the box before stepping down. These should take less than 1:00 each round even with a potential quick break on the 10’s, 8’s, and 6’s.
– Over the course of this workout we’ll be accumulating 30 reps of each movement. We want to choose our break up strategy based on how we think we would approach this workout if it were 1 round of 30 reps of each movement for time.
– Most athletes will need 2-3 sets on the rounds of 10, 8, and 6 ring muscle-ups. Plan to break these rounds to conserve the grip and to keep sets consistent each round. Aim for 1-2 sets on the round of 4’s and 2’s.
– The devil’s presses will be a grind. We want to try to stay moving here. The best place to rest is on the ground beween reps. It is the place we are least under tension. We can lose a lot of time, fire up the posterior chain, and have trouble controlling the heart rate if we rest standing in a forward fold with hands on the dumbbells.
-The box step-overs will also be a grind and taxing on the grip and shoulders. 1 break on the 10’s, 8’s, and even the 6’s could be helpful to ensure that you’ll be able to hop right back up on the rings. Once you start a set, move quickly