CFKIDS- Starts Monday Aug 16th. It will run Monday and Wedenesday’s at 3:30-4:15pm. Cost is $65 per child. Minimum age requirement is 6 years old
Crossfit NWA – CrossFit
Warm-up (No Measure)
2:00 Easy on Any Machine
10:00 to complete.
**:30. per side
1. Barbell Forearm Smash :30 ea side
2. Banded Lat Stretch :30 ea Side
3. Foam Roll 1:00
1. Pigeon Pose – 1:00
2. Active Spiderman – 1:00
3. Knuckle Drags – 1:00
2 Rounds For Quality:
5 Good Mornings (Empty Barbell)
5 Strict Press
Coach lead TGU 2 ea side
4 RFT of
500m Row/400m Run/1000m C2 Bike/400m SKi Erg
9 Deadlifts 225/155
18 Kipping HSPU
– Sub Double Dumbbells/Kettlebells
– Double Dumbbell Push Presses
– Use a 5″ Riser
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– The row should take less than 2:20
– The deadlifts should take less than :45s
– The HSPU should take under 1:30
– The weight on the barbell should be a heavier weight but you should still be able to complete the reps in no more than 2 sets within the workout.
– If you cannot complete 9+ HSPU unbroken when fresh, reduce the reps to something you could complete in 3 sets or less each round (15, 12, or 9).
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. Pace the row in a way that will allow you to push the deads and HSPU. Guys can aim to row at a 1:45-2:05 pace. Girls can aim to row at a 1:55-2:15 pace.
2. While the deadlifts are on the heavier side, we still want to hold on for 1-2 sets. If you know that your HSPU are likely to slow you down, 1 break may be helpful in managing arm/shoulder fatigue.
3. Let’s push ourselves a bit on the HSPU. Aim for 3 sets or less on these. Be mindful of your breaks and take a couple extra seconds between sets if you need it in order to stick to your strategy.
4. Have that “just start” mentality in this workout. As soon as you finish one movement, get right to work on the next.
Every 1:30 x 6
Turkish Get Ups
Depending on where you are in your journey, you can complete R/A and L/a in the 1:30. If first time doing TGU take your time and focus on quality.
*Build climb in weight