Crossfit NWA – CrossFit
Warm-up (No Measure)
2:00 Easy on Any Machine
1. :30 PVC Lunge + Pass Throughs
2. PVC Around The Worlds – :30/Side
3. PVC Flag Pole Stretch – :30/Side
Banded Hip Mobility
5-10 steps ea
1 Round For Quality:
5-10 Slow Wall Squats
:10s Hang From Pull-Up Bar
8 PVC/BB Overhead Squats
8 Scap Retractions
6 Empty Barbell Power Snatch + Overhead Squats
6 Kip Swings
Back Squat (Grit Back Squats W2)
10+5, 8+5, 6+5
– Building off of last week’s Grit Squats.
– Super set means that we’ll complete our back squats, quickly change out weights (if needed), and then complete our front squats. There is little to no rest between the front squats and back squats but we’ll rest for 2:00 before completing the next super set.
– All percentages based on 5RM Back Squat (both front and back squat barbells).
% are +/- . Go off how you feel.
2 Warm Up Sets
10 Back Squats 62% 190#
5 Front Squats 62% 190#
8 Back Squats 67% 206#
5 Front Squats 67%
6 Back Squats 72% 221
5 Front Squats 70-72% 203
21-15-9 reps of
Squat Snatches 95/65 75/55
Chest 2 Bar Pull Ups
Target Time – Sub 10:00
Time Cap – 15:00
Power Snatch + OHS/L
Single DB Power Snatch +OHS/L
Reg Pull – Ups
9-7-5 Strict Pull Ups
Lat Pull Down (Pulley)
Ring Rows (Stay tight and engaged here. Make them challenging. Something you have to break up 2-3 sets
– Conditioning Category: Sprint
– The weight on the barbell should be a weight we could cycle 15+ squat snatches unbroken when fresh. Reduce the weight if needed.
– If you do not think you can complete 21 chest to bar in 3 sets or less, reduce the reps to 15-12-9 or 12-9-6.
– This workout should take under 10 minutes.
– Score: Time
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. Shoot for 3 sets or less on the 21’s, 2-3 sets on the 15’s, and 1-2 sets on the 9’s.
2. Out of the 2 movements, the squat snatches are the “slower” cycling movement. There is no need to try to fly through these. This should be the movement you breathe through and catch your breath.
3. Shoot for quick sets and quick breaks on the chest to bar pull-ups. Seconds can easily tick away during your breaks between sets. Challenge yourself to chalk as little as possible.
4. Keep your transitions smooth and intentional.